Training and Development
The North Central Texas Council of Governments believes in your professional growth and development and views its employees as its most valuable resource. Throughout the year, we offer a variety of informational meetings and training opportunities to our employees.
- Training sessions throughout the year from Human Resources on subjects such as money management, insurance, benefits, healthy initiatives, and agency policies
- Seminars through our Employee Assistance Program on topics such as customer service, time management, effective communication, handling stress and others
- It is the general policy to support the professional development of employees by allowing affiliation with professional organizations and attendance at professional conferences and job-related seminars
- Computer Advantage training classes are offered through the Agency's Regional Training Center
- Microsoft® E-Learning, available through NCTCOG's Microsoft Enterprise Agreement, provides online training for all of the new Microsoft Office applications
Human Resources is committed to equipping supervisors and managers with the tools, training and resources needed to be the best supervisor or manager in their business through its management and supervisor training program.
- Rising Stars program - A comprehensive, nine month training program developed for first line supervisors and those wanting to move into supervisory roles at COG
- COG Management Certificate program - This training plan offers management concepts and provides leadership training to effectively grow our current staff into the next generation of leaders
- Annual Compliance Classes - These classes cover topics that require continuous education diversity, sexual harassment, employment law, and alcohol and drug awareness